Fried Rice. The primary reason for the continued popularity and ubiquity of this dish comes down to two things. This Thai fried rice is called American fried rice (Khao Pad American) in Thailand, because it uses ingredients that are considered American, like ketchup and bacon. It is very popular in Thailand and easy to make.
Remove egg, and transfer to a separate plate. Fried Rice is a combination of long grained rice, mixture of warm peas, carrots and onions with scrambled eggs mixed all together! You will not be getting take out any longer! You can cook Fried Rice using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fried Rice
- It’s 2 cups of cooked rice.
- It’s 1 handful of cabbage chopped.
- Prepare 1 pc of ham sliced squares.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic chopped.
- It’s 1/2 of carrot chopped.
- It’s 2 tbsp of oyster sauce.
- It’s 2 pcs of chikuwa(japanese rolled fish cake) sliced.
- It’s 1 of egg beaten.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cooking oil.
Have fried rice as an entree or a side dish when serving it! If you love fried rice try these variations of fried rice: Bacon Fried Rice, Shrimp Fried Rice, Ham Fried Rice or Chicken Fried Rice. Turn leftover fried rice into crunchy, golden brown bites for dipping. Ree fries up cauliflower, spinach and carrots in this low-carb fried rice.
Fried Rice step by step
- Heat up oil in the pan. Sautee the garlic till it fragrance and golden brown. Put the chikuwa and ham, pepper and stir. Add the carrots and cabbage. Stir for 1-2 mins..
- Add the cooked rice. Mixed it. Put a space in the middle and pour the egg beaten, add some salt and stir. Add oyster sauce. And mixed everything for 3 minutes..
- Then serve while it's hot..
Remove from skillet and set aside. Set out additional soy sauce on the table, if desired. Fried rice is best when it is made with cold rice. You can even cook the rice the night before. The longer the rice sits the better it tastes!