Dried Shrimp/Anchovy Fried Rice. Dried Shrimp/Anchovy Fried Rice Pawon Indo Bule. Dried Shrimp/Anchovy Fried Rice step by step. Saute the shallots, garlic, lemon grass, green onion (white part) and chili until translucent.
Fried Rice Recipes Transform leftover rice into an easy dish your family will love with dozens of fried rice recipes from Allrecipes, including shrimp fried rice, chicken fried rice, and more. The rice is made with cabbage, tomatoes, dried shrimps, and spices. I only add fresh spices because I want the rice to have the taste of the dried shrimps. You can have Dried Shrimp/Anchovy Fried Rice using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Dried Shrimp/Anchovy Fried Rice
- You need 400 gr of cooked rice, put in the fridge at least for 1 hour.
- Prepare 3 of small shallots, minced.
- You need 3 of garlic cloves, minced.
- You need 2 of lemon grass, white parts, thinly sliced (optional).
- You need 2 of green onion, separate the white and green part, thinly sliced.
- You need 5 of eye bird chili/Thai chili/jalapeno (omit if do not like spicy), thinly sliced.
- It’s 2 tbs of dried shrimp/anchovy, chopped (can use anchovy paste or anchovy from a can).
- It’s 3/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of sugar.
- It’s as needed of ground white/black pepper,.
- It’s 2 of large eggs, lightly beaten with 1/8 tsp salt.
- It’s of Accompaniments (optional) :.
- Prepare of Lettuce.
- Prepare of Cucumber.
- Prepare of Roasted duck (left over from dinner).
Dried shrimps have a mild anchovies taste. The taste of the shrimp is not overpowering. The spices enhance its flavor while cooking. The dish is made of white rice.
Dried Shrimp/Anchovy Fried Rice step by step
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a wok..
- Saute the shallots, garlic, lemon grass, green onion (white part) and chili until translucent. Add in the dried shrimp/anchovy. Stir for a minute..
- Add the rice, and use a metal spatula to flatten out and break up any large clumps. If the rice is cold from the refrigerator, continue stir-frying until the rice is warmed up, which will take about 5 minutes. If the rice was made fresh, cooking time will be faster. Just make sure that the rice isn't too wet, which will make frying it difficult. Sprinkle salt, sugar and ground pepper. Mix it well..
- Push the rice aside of the wok. Add 1 tbs oil in the wok. Pour the beaten eggs. Quickly scramble the eggs, then gather all of the rice into the middle of the wok..
- Mix thoroughly for another minute or two and give it a taste. Add more seasoning if needed. Sprinkle with green onion (the green part). Mix it..
- Transfer to a plate and put the accompaniments on the side. Enjoy!!.
Fried rice with Italian anchovy, dried shrimp and Chinese kale stem. Fried Diced Lamb with Garlic and Black Pepper. Fried diced lamb with garlic and black pepper. Served with jasmine rice and clear soup. Stir-fried crab meat with garlic, yellow chilies and French beans.