Black Pepper Petai Fried Rice. Fried Ladies finger with Sambal petai. Quickly add in rice and toss well. Fry until rice is light, then add in the stink beans.
Parkia speciosa (the bitter bean, twisted cluster bean, or stink bean) is a plant of the genus Parkia in the family Fabaceae. It bears long, flat edible beans with bright green seeds the size and shape of plump almonds which have a rather peculiar smell, similar to, but stronger than that of the shiitake mushroom, due to sulfur-containing compounds also found in shiitake, truffles and cabbage. Add egg, and cook until scrambled, stirring occasionally. You can have Black Pepper Petai Fried Rice using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Black Pepper Petai Fried Rice
- You need 2 bowls of cooked rice – preferably day-old (350g).
- It’s 2 tbsp of cooking oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of ginger – minced.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic – minced.
- Prepare 50 g of chicken fillet – diced.
- You need 50 g of shelled prawns – diced.
- It’s 30 g of carrot – diced.
- You need 3 of bird’s eye chillies – chopped.
- It’s 60 g of petai – halved and diced (stink beans).
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- Prepare of Seasoning:.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- You need of ground black pepper tsp chicken stock powder.
Remove egg, and transfer to a separate plate. Cook rice according to manufacturer's directions or in a rice cooker. Heat a wok or large skillet over high heat, until very hot. For the rice, heat oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
Black Pepper Petai Fried Rice instructions
- Loosen the rice grains to separate them if they are in clumps. Heat the oil in a wok until hot. Stir-fry the ginger and garlic over low heat until fragrant..
- Add the chicken, prawns and carrot. Stir-fry until aromatic..
- Add the rice and toss briefly to combine. Make a well in the centre of the rice, add a little oil, and crack in the eggs. Let the eggs set for a few seconds before scrambling them over high heat together with the rice..
- Add the seasoning and sprinkle over a little water to moisten the rice. Add the chillies and petai. Stir-fry briskly until rice is fairly hot and fragrant..
- Dish out and serve..
Discover Recipe Petai Fried Rice Petai is a bizzare food for some of us. If you like petai and if you like fried rice, you should give this recipe a try!. ½ to ¾ teaspoon ground black pepper; Instructions: Heat a pan and add some oil into it. Fry washed anchovies until crispy and set aside. Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in the same skillet over medium-high heat. Add the rice; cook and stir to heat through.