'Clean Out the Fridge' Fried Rice. Mix rice with chicken broth, oil, soy sauce, and ginger in rice cooker or large pot. Add veggie and meat mixture and toss until well-combined. Add chopped eggs and serve with garnish of sesame seeds, chopped green onion and/or cashews.
Wasting food was not an option so all leftovers were saved. The odds and ends were used to make fried rice. Leftover cold rice is ideal for fried rice. You can have 'Clean Out the Fridge' Fried Rice using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of 'Clean Out the Fridge' Fried Rice
- Prepare of Cold/Leftover cooked rice.
- You need of (equal to)=.
- It’s of Chopped/Diced raw vegetables/left overs.
- Prepare of Olive oil or butter.
- It’s of Minced garlic.
- Prepare of Ginger.
- It’s of Sesame oil.
- You need of Tamari/Soy sauce.
The cooling process takes away the extra water content so the rice is a bit dry and won't stick together. I'd recommend cooking rice a day before and letting it rest in the fridge overnight, but you can also just put freshly cooked rice in the fridge for a while and make sure it's cool to the. Get the cooked rice from last night out of the fridge, stir-fry it with sriracha, soy sauce and scallions, then crack an egg on top. (Oh, and don't forget the bacon.) Get the Recipe Because day-old rice dries out in the fridge, the grains separate easily and fluff and crisp a bit in the pan. It's about to be your new Saturday-morning staple.
'Clean Out the Fridge' Fried Rice step by step
- If you do not have leftover rice, cook some rice in a yummy vegetable, chicken or beef stock at least 2 hours before preparing meal – the key is having enough rice to equal the amount of veggies you are using. Be sure rice is cooked and cold, and all veggies are chopped/diced prior to cooking..
- Heat olive oil or butter in a saute pan / wok (pan large enough for rice and veggies to be stirred).
- Add garlic, cook for a minute or 2..
- Add veggies, 1 at a time, in order of desired cooking time (example: 1st carrots for 3-5min, then onion, then broccoli, then water chestnuts, then spinach).
- Stir in rice, a couple dashes of ginger, sesame oil and tamari sauce (to taste). Stir fry for about 5min, then remove from heat and enjoy!.
- Any veggie combo will work, here is some inspiration: corn, peas, pea pods, sugar snaps, carrots, peppers, mushrooms, onion, broccoli, spinach, asparagus, waterchestnuts, eggplant, tomato, sweet potato, zucchini – add left over shrimp, chicken, pork, beef… anything goes!!! Even bacon!.
Get the cooked rice from last night out of the fridge, stir-fry it with sriracha, soy sauce and scallions, then crack an egg on top. (Oh, and don't forget the bacon.) Get the Recipe This basic Taiwanese-style fried rice staple is the ultimate clean out the refrigerator side or main dish. It's easy to make with whatever vegetables you have on hand, and the addition of. Fried Rice, a way to clean out the fridge. Fried rice is a favorite around here and no wonder. Anything full of fried pork bits is bound to be tasty.