Thai Basil Fried Rice. From National Restaurants to Local Mom & Pops, Doordash® Delivers the top Restaurants. No Delivery Fees on Your First Order, Order from Your Favorite Restaurants Today! This is a staple of Thai cooking.
It is fast and fairly easy to make, but requires constant stirring. This is a great use of leftover rice. It's important to use Thai sweet basil to get the authentic Thai restaurant taste. You can cook Thai Basil Fried Rice using 16 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Thai Basil Fried Rice
- You need 4 cups of cooked short grain rice cooled.
- It’s 1 of small onion chopped.
- It’s 3 of gloves garlic chopped.
- It’s 1 inch of ginger chopped.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of neutral oil.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of dark soy sauve.
- You need 1 tablespoon of regular soy sauce.
- You need 1 tablespoon of mirin.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of sake or Chinese cooking wine.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of sesame oil.
- You need 1 cup of peas (frozen).
- You need 3 of scallions sliced.
- It’s 1/2 cup of fresh Thai basil chopped.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of oil.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of fish sauce.
And don't skip the fish sauce, it smells strong in the bottle, but it blends in nicely with the other ingredients when it's all put together. Also, make sure you use chilled. So my Thai basil fried rice had to be with shrimp, but you can use any protein you prefer, it will all work! Pound garlic and thai cili together in a mortar and pestle.
Thai Basil Fried Rice step by step
- Heat oil in wok or large pan over medium high heat.
- Add onion, garlic, and ginger and sauté until fragrant.
- Add rice and heat until the large chunks easily break apart.
- Add soy sauces, mirin, sake/wine, and sesame oil and mix.
- Stir fry for about five minutes to allow the rice to become crispy.
- Add frozen peas, Thai basil, and 1/2 of the scallions.
- Once peas defrost, remove from wok.
- Rinse wok to remove any remaining rice. Add 1 tablespoon oil and heat over medium heat..
- Crack eggs into bowl and add fish sauce. Scramble with fork..
- Add eggs to wok and constantly stir until eggs are cooked through. Mix eggs into the rice.
- To serve, portion rice into bowls and top with remaining scallions. Enjoy!.
This way the natural oil form chili and garlic will be release and will make the fried rice more fragrance. My favorite Thai restaurant has an amazing dish on their menu, Thai Basil Fried Rice. It is a simple dish with pieces of chicken, jalapeños, and Thai Basil. Basil and jalapeños together didn't make sense to me until I ordered this amazing dish. This recipe, made with Thai Basil, is a great way to impress someone at home.