Garlic Butter Chicken — Tender, juicy bird bathed in a rich garlic butter sauce with a dash of wine for extra flavor!! This EASY stovetop bird recipe is ready in 15 mins and becomes a own family FAVORITE!!
Skillet Garlic Butter Chicken Recipe
If you’re in need of a quick and clean 15-minute bird dinner, this comforting garlic butter chicken breast recipe might be a new circle of relatives favored. It’s made in a single skillet, that is top notch because there’s less cleanup.
Serve this chook with rice on the side or a nice salad, and also you’ve got yourself a triumphing chicken dinner.
Garlic Butter Chicken
Tender, juicy hen bathed in a rich garlic butter sauce with a dash of wine for additonal flavor!! This EASY stovetop chicken recipe is ready in 15 minutes and becomes a own family FAVORITE!!
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to an even thickness (4 average-sized breasts
1 to 2 teaspoons 21 Salute Seasoning or poultry seasoning
1 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
1/2 cup white wine* or chicken broth, or as necessary
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, or more if you want extra sauce
1 tablespoon garlic, finely minced; or to taste
2 teaspoons fresh parsley, optional for garnishing
- To a large skillet, add the olive oil, pounded chicken, evenly season with 21 Salute, salt, pepper, and cook over medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Do not touch, move, or disturb the chicken while it is searing. After 5 minutes, flip chicken over. It should have a medium golden color. For thicker/bigger chicken breasts, sear for 6-7 minutes.
- Allow chicken to cook on the second side for about 5 minutes, or until done and cooked through. Again, do not disturb the chicken while it’s searing.
- Remove chicken with a slotted spatula and place it on a plate to rest.
- Using caution, deglaze your skillet by adding wine (or broth) and allow the liquid to bubble up and steam violently for a few seconds.
- Add the butter and allow it to melt, about 1 minute; stir continuously until melted.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minutes; stir continuously.
- Turn the heat off, add the chicken back into the skillet, flip it around in the garlic butter sauce, and spoon the sauce over the chicken.
- Optionally garnish with parsley and serve immediately.
- Wine: I recommend white wine because I think the flavor is better than with chicken broth, and I personally believe that the alcohol burns off, and what you’re left with is the flavor imparted by the wine. However, use broth if that is a better option for your lifestyle or needs.
- Storage: Chicken will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 5 days and in the freezer for up to 4 months.